CV 28/1.9 Ultron

bill_marshall1

I did a very productive search for past comments about this lens.

Excellent comments. (Thanks, Lutz.)

The build quality of some of the early CV lenses was suspect. I'm

specifically looking for feedback from anyone who has owned this

lens for several years to see how the build has held up.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Bill,

I have one that is about about a year and a half old. Problem I have with the lens is the edges are out of focus when it is wide open. Center focus is fine.

I also own the 50mm f/1.5 and no problems. I have a 40mm f/1.4 on order. So the problem was not serious enough from stopping me using some of the other CV lenses.

Paul

I own several CV lenses, including an early production 35/1.7 Ultron. In spite of the odd report of this particular lens ejecting its front element, I've encountered no problem, in three years of use, with its build quality. With the exception of the fragile black finish, I've been impressed with the mechanics of all my CV lenses. I do not have the 28/1.9, and so cannot comment on it specifically.

I keep getting offers I cant refuse. I got such an attractive offer for my Elmarit 28 that I succumbed. I needed a replacement and was offered a CV Shapshot Skopar 25 at an outrageously low price that I thought there must be something wrong with it. I've used it about four years now and have no complaints whatever. If it didn't say Voigtlander and instead was marked Leica, I doubt if I would know the difference. Lack of RF coupling doesn't bother me at all because by habit I almost always check the scale focus anyhow. I am sold on the value of the CV lenses and would not hesitate to obtain others if needed.

I have one, and it's a great lens, AND it's for sale!! i bought it to see if i would like shooting with a 28, and i do, so i bought a leica 28 shortly after i bought this lens. i am selling for $300, adapter included...... people have been emailing me from this forum with regard to the lens and i haven't responded. please forgive me, i've been very busy. the lens is for sale though...thanks.

I had a CV 28mm f1.9 for a couple of years. it was very sharp. but did not have that "volumetric" look you get used to with Leica lenses. I actually ran a test with the Leica 49mm version and this lens. Guess what, until you reach f* 8, the CV is sharper. After that the Leica lens is better. When you look at full prints though, the Leica lens seems to have that more "volumetric" feeling. Perhaps less sharpness is a good thing for some. I kept the Leica 28 and am thinking about upgrading it to the 46mm or the Summicron sometime nest year. I may not though, as I seem to be shooting and thinking more like 35mm these days compared to my early days when a 28mm was glued to my M4 P.<div>00AQ8U-20877084.jpg.8519f225d2a513b666d91902c5f1e398.jpg</div>