cullmann magniset n25

darin_schaffer

<p>Has anyone used this ball head by Cullmann, I have seen a couple short reviews of it and it seems like it may be an affordable option to the $$$$ ball heads. Also, debating between the gitzo g2220 and either the bogen 190(3001)pro or the 055(3021)pro. Weight is somewhat important as I am planning a trip to Zion with several 8+ hour hikes in the plan. Any thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated. I will be using a Nikon D80 with the biggest lens being a 55-200. I will also be using a Mamiya 645 pro with the largest lens being a 150 f2.8. Eventually I may get some bigger glass for both but nothing in the extreme.</p>

• 1 month later...

<p>I don't know if you're still considering this but I have the N30 and love it. Smooth, well damped panning base. The ball seems smooth and locks with very little movement. Friction control works well to keep the ball movement tight or loose when not locked. Locking requires a short turn. I use a Really Right Stuff clamp.<br>

I generally mount my Canon 5D+Grip with a 17-40mm, occaisionally the 85mm AIS Nikkor or the 90mm Tamron Adaptall.</p>