<p>I am looking to create the visual effects you see on every episode of CSI Miami in camera; ie: the wet pavement the oversaturated colors, the extreme blue skies. I'd like to do in camera (D700). Any ideas of where to start (filters, wide lens, boosting sat in camera), or if someone all ready knows how to create this effect, I'd love some feedback.<br>

Thanks,<br>

Eric</p>

<p>Take a photo of the sort of scene you have in mind. Shoot in RAW.<br /><br />Download a free trial of Capture NX2 from Nikon's web site. Use the camera settings area in NX2 to adjust saturation, tone, contast, etc. until you see pretty much what you're looking for. You can do this non-destructively with NEF files all you want. Note the settings. You can then use those exact same settings in-camera, when you tell the D700 to create a JPG on the fly. Or, just save the settings in NX2, and have it create JPGs for you from RAW files after the fact, knowing that you're retaining all of that RAW file latitude, which out-of-the-camera JPGs will never have.<br /><br />As for the look you mention, understand that they (on that show, such as I've seen) seem to shoot with GND filters outside on the long shots, to deal with the hard sun and bright sky. And ... I don't think there's anything you can do in-camera to hose down the asphalt. Shiny wet pavement is best achieved with actual water.</p>

<p>That feature (the fact that you can simulate in-camera processing exactly) is one of Capture NX2's great little sleeper features. Something most people don't stop to think about, if they're used to doing all processing in post. But once in a while, that can come in real handy.</p>