CS5 to Creative Cloud

<p>I'm in the free trial period withy Adobe Creative Cloud Photography. I'm looking to upgrade from Creative Suite 5. After the installation of Lightroom and Photoshop most of my plugins can't be found in PS or LR. While I think I will like the workflow and the image processing, it seems to be much more resource intensive. I'm on a new iMac 27 retina with 8GM of RAM. I support a second 24 inch monitor. I'm running the latest version of the Apple OS.<br>

Has anyone else made this jump? What was your decision and experience?<br>

John</p>

<p>Here is some help with plugins, the problem may be that the folders changed or that the plugins aren't compatible with newer versions - https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/plug-ins-photoshop-troubleshooting.html With Lightroom, it may not require moving the plugins, just locating them.</p>

<p>I suspect more memory will help you. I use a significantly older iMac 27" with no problems running both PS and LR CC simultaneously, along with at least a half dozen other active applications. I have 16gb and don't see any problems with memory. Check the Memory Pressure in the Activity Monitor.</p>

<p>I recently switched from a PC Xeon workstation to an iMac 27" retina, with a 4G GPU and 16 G memory. Lightroom and Photoshop CC work without a glitch. Not all earlier plugins are compatible, however.</p>

<p>I have had some lockups using Premiere Pro and Media Encoder with long (> 2 hour) clips. I plan to upgrade RAM to 32 G or more. There are four slots, loaded (naturally) with 4,4,4, and 4 G memory cards. I never had a lockup with 32 GB in the PC (and a 3 G GPU).</p>

<p>This is the first time I heard of an "Activity Monitor." The instructions for the iMac consist of three panels, English, French and Spanish, which tell you to not use this product in a shower.</p>

<p>I am still using CS5 and have been contemplating upgrading to CC. I also have been using Affinity, but it does not do everything I want it to and it is hard to mentally switch back-and-forth from using one program to the other. Now, I find, as a perk for subscribing to photo.net, "<a href="https://creative.adobe.com/promo/photonetCCPP?sdid=2SLRC8RW&mv=affiliate" target="_blank">Creative Cloud Photography plan—includes Photoshop and Lightroom only—20% OFF (reg. $9.99/mo, only $7.99/mo)</a>". This may be what will finally push me over the edge to using a subscription plan.</p>