<p>I'm using the exact same file have the profile adobe 1998 assigned and have the color settings in both environments set exactly the same. Yet why do they look different when displayed side by side. The CS5 version looks slightly more saturated. The attached is a screen snap cs3 on the left cs5 on the right.</p><div>00WfFG-251593584.jpg.9cc3127b493ca6f5ccf83e77d564ca40.jpg</div>

<p>If it's a screen snap, why is AdobeRGB assigned or embedded in the linked image I just downloaded and opened in CS3?</p>

<p>Assuming you didn't convert to AdobeRGB when opening the screen snap, your custom system display profile should be the one embedded. At least this is what automatically happens taking a screenshot on a<br>

Mac in OS X.</p>

<p>Not sure what happens on Windows screen grabs which if the system doesn't embed the display profile then it should be assigned and converted to sRGB when creating a jpeg screen grab in Photoshop for the web.</p>

<p>Brad,<br>

Soft proofing being turned on did not occur to me. I checked and both were set to the same thing i.e. working CMYK. I tried changing them both to Monitor RGB and the colors shifted but the same discrepancy occurs. </p>

<p>Tim, <br>

Not sure if I can answer your question but here's what I did:<br /><br />I got both file images side by side and dragged a selection around them using SnapNDrag utility<br>

This places the screen snap on the clipboard.<br>

I then pasted this into CS3 <br>

When I did a save as (jpeg) I choose "embed AdobeRBGB" check box.<br>

Looking at the above file that I posted looks identical to what I'm seeing on my screen.</p>

<p>Still a mystery.</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<blockquote>

<p >When I did a save as (jpeg) I choose "embed AdobeRBGB" check box.Looking at the above file that I posted looks identical to what I'm seeing on my screen.</p>

<p >Still a mystery.</p>

</blockquote>

<p > </p>

<p >It's a mystery to all of us until we get an idea how well informed you are on color management. One of the basics requires you have a custom profile of your display built from measuring its appearance with a hardware device from X-rite or DataColor's Spyder line. Going on what little information you've provided about your setup makes it even more difficult to troubleshoot on the web.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >The fact you indicated your screengrab looks correct assigning AdobeRGB suggests something's really wrong with your setup. And besides that you shouldn't even be having to assign anything to images that should already be written in the space they originated from (i.e. digital camera/Lightroom/ACR, etc.) with that space already embedded.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >The system will not produce screengrabs in any other space but the display's. Not familiar with SnapNDrag and what space it writes the RGB numbers to clipboard.</p>

<p > </p>

<p > </p>

<p > </p>