use CS3 without an Internet connection? I know I wouldn't be able to use online

features like Stock Photo etc., but I should still have full functionality of

Photoshop. Right?

As far as registering CS3, I know I have to get online, but I could connect

online, temporarily, register, then disconnect, and I'm hoping I could happily

use CS3 without a connection online.

Thanks!

John - Yes, they can.

I have a friend who refuses to connect her computer to the internet for any reason, and this is what she does. However, when there are larger updates, it's a hassle. It is workable, though.

Most of the time I've downloaded profiles, I've had to put them in the correct place myself anyway; that doesn't change. Updates should install themselves in the same fashion. I can't say that it works universally, though I'm sure you can find a way to make it function.

On the other hand, I really do feel like it's easier just to connect to the interweb...

• 2 weeks later...
sorry, didn't mean to sound writhe, I have heard of others who have used hacked versions that cannot be installed with an active internet connection. Personally I think that this is immoral not to mention illegal, but I do understand your point about keeping as much off line as possible. I do this myself, I also seem to think it runs faster without an internet connection active, maybe another perk to offline processing.

• 2 months later...
Sorry Sasha, you're completely off-base with your assumption. The truth is that I have my broadband connected computer downstairs and my photography computer upstairs, in a spare bedroom. I don't have access to getting online upstairs. I could get a router and so forth, but I've always wanted to keep my digital editing computer dedicated to just photography and away from the evils of the Internet. And after the responses I received here, I will definitely not be routing an Internet connection upstairs.