Crumpler Bags 3rd leg stabiliser - how does it work?

jane_evans

Have just bought a Crumpler "Next Venue" bag and am very pleased -

but.... I'm probably just being very dim, but can someone please

tell me what the "3rd leg stabiliser" achieves and how it works? The

salesman didn't have a clue and at the moment it's just an annoying

clip hanging from the shoulder pad getting in the way.

Presumably it connects to the clip on the back of the bag.

I've searched the internet without much luck and the Crumpler

website, while novel, mentions it in loads of bag specs, but doesn't

give any helpful hints as to how it works.

I'd just like to be able to make an informed judgement before I

ditch it! Thanks in anticipation.

Hi Jane

I wouldn't ditch it if I were you, I use mine all the time. It stops the bag slipping around on your back - giving it a rucksack-like stability. I find this useful when walking around, but really indispensible when cycling, which is what the "third leg" was designed for. No more pushing back the bag when it wants to shift around under your arm...

hope this helps

Brendan

I don't have a Crumpler bag, but I figure it's probably similar to the loop on my Timbuk2 messenger bag - basically keeps the bag from sliding around on your back. Just loop the strap from the left side of the bag (for right handed folks, opposite for lefties) under your left arm and to the buckle on the shoulder strap (in front of your sternum).

The Third Leg fooled me when I got my Next Venue.

What you do is put the strap over your head from the right, so the pad goes on your left shoulder, and the bag on your right waist. Rotate the bag round onto your back, and move the shoulder pad down a bit so the rasta man logo is in your front. The third leg will now dangle from the front end of the shoulder pad, towards the left of your body. The clip attachment on the bottom corner of the bag will be at the left side of your body so the 3rd leg can be clipped into it. You end up with the main strap crossing your chest from left shoulder to right waist, and the 3rd leg crossing from upper left chest to left waist. This is surprisingly comfortable when you get used to it.