Crown Graphic & RB67 back

Discussion in 'Large Format' started by james_lai, Aug 5, 2008.

1. I bought a Mamiya RB67 Pro S rollfilm back for my "new" 2x3 Crown. Is there a way to defeat the double exposure
    prevention on the back? Not that I want to do double exposures, but every time I take a shot I have to remove
    the back and poke a pencil tip into the top corner so I can wind the film.

If I jam something into the hole permanently will the film winding still work properly? I still have my first
    roll of film in the back so I can't experiment with it right now.

2. Well for starters, you could just flip the lever on the back to the left.

3. James,
    If you want, I have several non Pro-S backs, I'd consider trading you for.

4. Thanks, Erie. Is that the lever in the indentation just above the film door? I'll have to try it when I get home tonight. I had tried pushing on it before I loaded any film into the back, but couldn't figure out what that was for.

Thanks as well for the trade offer, but I'm in Canada and the postage would probably make it not worthwhile. I bought mine from the shutterblade store on the big auction site for $40 + $20 shipping.

5. On the top of the film magazine, just next to the film advance lever, there's a small lever. Pushing this lever forward (towards the camera) will reveal a red dot. Now the camera is in multiple exposure mode.
    00QPxu-62259784.JPG

6. Wait a minute, just now I realized that you're using the back on a Crown, not an RB67. Please ignore my above comment.
    See that tiny lever on the back side of the magazine, below the frame counter? After taking a picture, move it once to the left. This will mark the current frame as exposed and will unlock the film advance.
    00QPyK-62261884.JPG

7. Vlad, sorry for the late reply, I hadn't checked this thread in a while since Erie gave me the answer (I did try it at home).

Thank you very much anyways for taking the time to help, especially for posting photos!