Crop an image exactly

<p>I am trying to prepare an image to be printed on canvas in CS3. The template requires an image that is 23.25" x 19.25". Using Image/Resize, rulers and the crop tool I can get 23.240 x 19.253. Perhaps it is my engineering background but I would like to get the crop to be exactly 23.25"x19.25. I searched for a keyboard shortcut to increase/decrease the size of the crop but didn't find any. Is there a dialog where I can enter the exact size? I could then use the keyboard/mouse to move the crop around until I was happy with the resultant composition.<br>

Thanks in advance for your help.<br>

pat</p>

<p>When you're in the crop tool, the toolbar offers three text boxes:<br>

Width<br>

Height<br>

Resolution</p>

<p>If you enter a width and height (in units of your choosing, e.g. "23.24 in"), the crop will be as close to that size as mathematically possible.</p>

<p>If you enter a resolution, it will also resample the resulting crop. In most cases, you'll probably want to leave resolution blank.</p>

<p>Assuming a standard 300 pixels per inch resolution, you would want to end up with an image that was 6975 x 5775 pixels.</p>

<p>If the image was smaller than that, you can either:</p>

<ul>

<li>Crop the image to exactly a 100:93 aspect ratio and then resample the image to 300 pixels per inch.</li>

<li>Change the image resolution to be a multiple of 4 pixels per inch and then crop the image to exactly 23.25″ x 19.25″.</li>

</ul>

<p>Also, I think that you should be able to use Image Size and Canvas Size, both in the Image menu, to be able to enter everything into dialog boxes without needing the crop tool or the rulers.</p>