Credit Card Payments

ni_gentry

Anyone here accept credit card payments and want to share what service they use?<p>

Also, do you just use if for prints and products? Or do you let your clients pay for weddings, retainers,

and other photo shoots/services with a credit card?

<p>

I don't think I'm really doing enough business to warrant a merchant account, so I've kind of ruled that

out, but open to what others say.<p>

What about paypal virtual terminal or something else like that?<p>

I know some people think negatively about paypal, but I think that's the minority. It's used by so many

bigger online places now.

I am not sure where you are from but here in the Louisville, Kentucky area you can rent to own a credit card machine from Heartland Payment Systems and it will pay for itself in no time.

Your clients are more likely to spend more money when they can put everything on credit as well. You can get rates down to around 2% to 3% I believe. So if you are getting clients pay for $1000 they get $20-$30 and you get the rest of the money. Check around your area.

I also recommend using Paypal (and their virtual terminal is great). You don't pay for it when

you don't use it, its cheaper than all merchant accounts I've found, and its easy to integrate

into your site. If you have a contract stating that the retainer is not refundable, I doubt a

credit card company would (or Paypal) would grant a chargeback.