Cowboy studio

christina_tilton

<p>I currently have an Alien Bee one light studio set up with a soft box, B800 I believe it is. I also would like to use an off camera flash with an umbrella. I have a Canon 430EXII flash. I'm trying to figure out what cowboy studio triggers to buy to make them both work at the same time or if I can even do that. Or does anyone have suggestions/advice for a better set up? Here is what I am looking at:</p>

<p>http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002W3IXZW/ref=s9_simh_gw_p421_d0_g421_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1WXY4XZ8R2ST8H652N6R&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846</p>

<p>http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00363EZY0/ref=s9_simh_gw_p421_d0_g421_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1WXY4XZ8R2ST8H652N6R&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846</p>

<p>Any information anyone can pass along would be really appreciated. I'm a little new to studio lighting and I am tripping over the wires in my current set up using the soft box with Alien bee only.<br>

Thank you!</p>

<p>When looking at wireless triggers, you need at minimum, one transmitter and one receiver.<br /> Also, for greatest versatility, you may want/need receivers capable of mounting flash units directly to the wireless receiver via a hot shoe, and/or using a PC sync cord.</p>

<p>I am not familiar with Canon flash units, but does your 430 EX II have a PC sync port (a round plug-in on the side)? <br /> If your flash doesn't have a PC port, then you will need at least one receiver with a built-in hot shoe for your Canon flash.</p>

<p>Contact Cowboy Studios directly; ask them to put together a package with the receiver in the first link for your Canon flash unit (hot shoe capable), and a receiver from the second link (PC sync cord capable), for firing your A. Bee strobe. <br /> Some receivers are capable of both the shoe mount, and PC sync, in the same receiver.</p>

<p>Only one transmitter is needed, just ensure all of your receivers are the same channels as your transmitter.<br>

Cowboy Studio has a large page on the *Bay. Check there, they may already have the package combo you need.</p>