cowboy studio lighting

<p>A quick Google search reveals that Cowboy flashes are low powered 110ws and 160ws with unusably dim 50w and 75w modelling lights. Looks like the usual Chinese junk that you see on Ebay.</p>

<p>On the other hand, those Cowboys have been very successful breeding some very small cows for those little White Castle burgers. #8^)</p><div>00Sg3L-113717584.jpg.76d5f7e0fd2caa8f134fdaa52ae298b1.jpg</div>

<p>Never heard of them. My suggestion, based on what I did when I was in your shoes, was to lock in on a quality brand of lighting recommended by other pros and continually kept an eye out for used equipment on e-bay and craigslist. There's a new site called searchtempest.com that searches e-bay and multiple craigslist databases for keywords that you enter. Almost 90% oy my gear is used because I purchase what has been well taken care of by other pros who want to sell and move on to something else. I settled on Photogenic because of recommendations and I wanted monolights for ease. I rarely buy anything new unless I just can't find it used and I'm in a time crunch. Just a thought.</p>