Country Patches.

Discussion in 'Travel' started by alex_lofquist, Sep 28, 2006.

1. I have seen woven labels (patches) sewn on photographers' vests indicating
    places and countries where they have been. I have a few garnered at the actual
    locations, but I was wondering where these might be available for sale in the
    US?

2. Patches are what I collect when I travel abroad. They are a lot lighter to carry than coffee cups, and you don't have to worry about breaking them! :)

You've got several options. Of course, you can search the web. Also your local yellow pages should list a few places. You can also check out most international airports.

Good luck.

David.

3. Set me straight, you want to buy the patches in the US because you want to pretend you've been to...?

4. Actually I have been to Europe, Africa, Asia, Far East, South Pacific, South America, Caribbean, and much of the US, Canada, and Mexico. I just thought it might be nice to decorate my jacket as a conversation starter. I have met other people who have done this and we have had fun comparing our experiences.

5. To the contrary, I'd prefer to be as inconspicuous as possible so people aren't as tempted to ask me questions or strike up a conversation.
    www.rwongphoto.com

6. I guess that I am gregarious!