<p>This is an image that got corrupted during file transfer from my SD card. I save two copies from my card to my computer. After seeing this one, I went to my other copy, and it was just fine. Something happened during file transfer, and I'm glad I had another copy.</p><div>00cMWI-545294584.jpg.7eee6d065f4d13d52f87836f74317b83.jpg</div>

<p>Was this the only corrupted image? Do you shoot in RAW and JPEG--and if so, did they both turn out this way? How many images were on this card since the last time you downloaded them to your computer?</p>

<p>Of course, then again, maybe you happened to catch a supernatural image of a purple-pink thirsty spirit...in need of <em>your</em> spirits.</p>

<p>David, I put my card into my USB reader, then copied my files to my work folder. I then copied files from my card to my archive folder. RAW files only. This file (only file) was corrupted in my working folder, but the other copy was just fine. Obviously, the corruption occurred during transfer. I posted this because many photographers run into this problem from time to time, and the first impulse is to think that the camera or card is at fault. Best to try to eliminate the simplest causes first, before going into a heart stopping panic presuming the worst case scenario. The value of backups cannot be over stated, either.</p>