Coolscan IV ED missing tools?

<p>Hello,<br>

I need to scan some negatives so pulled out my Coolscan IV ED. I have not used it for quite a while so my memory of using it is a bit hazy.<br>

I have saved an old computer with Windows XP and Nikon Scan 4.02 installed to use with the scanner. It scans but I can not access the tool pallet to make adjustments or turn on ICE. I click on "tool pallet" and it does not open up the options.<br>

Thinking it may be a problem with Nikon Scan I downloaded a fresh copy from Nikon UK and updated it to 4.02. <br>

Does anyone have any thoughts?<br>

Cheers</p>

<p>If you have a newer computer with Windows 7 on it, you could install NikonScan on that machine and give it a try. NikonScan supposedly doesn't work on Windows 7, but there is a work around that you can find on the Web. It works fine on my Win 7 machine, although I like Vuescan better for scanning with my Super Coolscan 5000. Good luck.</p>

<p>Hello Dave,<br>

Thank you for the reply.... I will try on a different computer but doubt it will make any difference. I am happy with Nikon scan for my limited use. <br>

I just need to get to the "tool pallet", I was hoping I was missing something obvious to regular Nikon scan users?<br>

<br />Cheers</p>

<p>You might try downloading Nikon Scan again, install and then download the upgrade. I use it too on a old mac, I remember seeing the tool palette in one of the menus that did not seem intuitive at the time, like view or window or something like that. have you looked through all tool bar?</p>

<p>Anthony,<br>

<br /> I have seen this situation before on my own computer and I've had other people call me with the same issue.</p>

<blockquote>

<p><br /> My guess is the tool palette <strong>IS</strong> opening however it is <em>off the screen</em>.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>The way to potentially access it is to change your screen resolution to the highest possible and it may show up.<br>

If you must revert back to a lower resolution, drag and drop the tool palette to the center of the screen<strong> first.</strong></p>

<p>Im willing to wager this is the problem. Please let me know if it is. My e-mail address is in my photo borders.</p>