Conversations on Open member issues - Update

Sandy Vongries

If we have been engaged in a conversation regarding an issue or request, please update status, as I will be creating and forwarding a list of open issues Monday morning. Please also feel free to initiate a new conversation regarding an issue that you may not have shared previously. Conversations are preferred since I can track and forward them easily.

Sandy, I'm not sure this is on point with the OP. What about the POTD and POTW not being current? I also am aware that this issue may not have been discussed for a while. Your call . . .

Will pass it up the line - not certain what the priorities are - I've been focusing on function, but it can't hurt to bring it up again.

• Like 1

The erroneous file size screw up with uploads is getting worse. This morning it is a 50 : 50 proposition to get an image posted to the NW forum. This issue has been reported numerous times. Is it really that hard to fix? or is it more of a case of nobody has even tried to fix it ?

The erroneous file size screw up with uploads is getting worse. This morning it is a 50 : 50 proposition to get an image posted to the NW forum. This issue has been reported numerous times. Is it really that hard to fix? or is it more of a case of nobody has even tried to fix it ?

Just tried it - flawless / normal performance. I reported the issue recently (having experienced the same problem), and was advised that everything appeared to be working correctly. I will report it again.

I suspect the problem with file uploads is one of contention (different users competing for the same resource) rather than file size.

I had thought that, but was advised that there are sufficient servers to handle a lot of traffic. As with many things of late, most puzzling is the variability of experiences between Members.

I got the same error messages when trying to upload yesterday, albeit less frequently. And yes it does not appear related to file size despite the text of the error message. Too much traffic for the server seems disconcerting given that there are seldom more than 40 members online at any given time.

I've been having the same issue that JDM, Gerald, Gordon, and Bill described. Just about 5 minutes ago, my initial try to upload to a NW thread failed. About 10 or so seconds later, I succeeded.

I have uploaded 3 this afternoon all on the first try. Don't know what to tell you - issue has been reported several times. Last response I got - everything working. Frustrating, like taking a car to the mechanic and it doesn't "make that noise". I will report again.

• Like 2

As before, though I have only uploaded twice, trouble free. It is irritating to get the warning when the file is the right size.

Bill - what I said,

Last response I got - everything working.
in other words, they couldn't find anything wrong. Apparently there is something wrong for some people. I'll pass it along again - unfortunately it isn't something I can fix.

• 4 weeks later...
Sandy - As for the problem of leaving comments on photos that both Supriyo and I outlined a month ago, it has yet to be either acknowledged or addressed.Even if they said "sorry, there's nothing we can do", it would be better than the dismissive silence we receive. Believe me, I'm not shooting the messenger. I appreciate all the efforts you have made in keeping this site afloat, even if it seems to be settling lower and lower in the water. Does management ever get back to you? It seems you could serve as a necessary (though unpaid) conduit between members and management but if they don't keep even you in the loop, how the hell are we ever going to get PN going again. Don't they realize that it's losing steam and is nowhere as vibrant a meeting place as it used to be?