Contests & Opportunities Forum does not show in All Forums view

jim_j2

<p>Somewhere here on the site the other day I thought I saw a notice of a "Wildlife Photo contest" for October here on Photo.net. Although I now can't find it! Thought it was in the Blog but, maybe not!</p>

<p>So, as a good part of my time spent here on the site has lately come from a "Mobile Device" I thought I should keep an eye on the "Contests & Opportunities" forum to be aware of when photos could be submitted and the rules.</p>

<p>Well, you won't find the "Contests & Opportunities" forum from a mobile device! At least I can't!</p>

<p>Then when I fired up my Computer (Notebook), I also noticed that if I actually click on the Forums Tab and select "All Forums" I won't find it either. However, if I simply "Mouse Over" the Forums Tab I can select the "Contests & Opportunities" forum from the "Mouse Over" listing.</p>

<p>Doing some further checking, . . . sort of just the opposite, . . . If one selects "All Forums" from the Forums Tab then you can find the "Photography News" Forum. However, the "Photography News" Forum does not show in the Mouse over view.</p>

<p>There are some other (maybe or maybe not) discrepancies such as the "Accessories" forum in the Mouse Over selections being the same forum as the "Filter, Bags, Tripods and Accessories" forum in the All Forum view.</p>

<p>All the above was only on the Notebook Computer which I've used to view and navigate the site for several years now.</p>

<p>Understanding the "Mobile" site works considerably different than the "Full Site," Would like some direction on how I might find the "Contests and Opportunities" forum on the Mobile side?<br />As well, . . . How do I view the Photo of the Week from a Mobile Device? I have no problem reading the comments made to the photograph, just can't seem to find the photograph!</p>

<p>Thanks always,<br />Jim j.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>"Somewhere here on the site the other day I thought I saw a notice of a "Wildlife Photo contest" for October here on Photo.net. Although I now can't find it! Thought it was in the Blog but, maybe not!"</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I was in error, it was not on the site but in the September 25 Newsletter at the very bottom!</p>

<p>Although it does not appear that any response is forthcoming, . . . at least I am assured that I am not going nuts!</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>Hi there Jim - the mobile site is pretty basic. We're lobbying for an app to make it easier someday - fingers crossed. Via mobile, you can get to photo of the week by going to forums > Photo of the Week Discussion. You'll be able to see the most recent Photos of the Week and you can tell which is newest by date. <br /><br />The contest info is right on the homepage of the site on your regular computer. The info such as deadlines are within the contest info at the top of the page. If you want to get to the forum, you can hover over forums and in the drop down, you'll see Contests and Opportunities. Do you think it would be helpful to get an internal email about it through photo.net mail in the future? <br /><br />You are right - it doesn't show up on the forum home page and I didn't notice that before because I always go in through the drop down. Thanks for pointing it out. </p>

<p>Cara,</p>

<p>Thanks for the response and, I'm glad you now can see where the "Contests and Opportunities" forum is impossible to get to from a mobile device.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>"Do you think it would be helpful to get an internal email about it through photo.net mail in the future?"</p>

</blockquote>

<p>No, at least not in my opinion, I don't see the necessity of an email to Members for Contests. It's already in the Newsletter if I'm not mistaken.<br>

Besides, I don't know of a user friendly way to view the internal messaging with a mobile device either unless one views the "full version of the site."</p>

<blockquote>

<p>"Via mobile, you can get to photo of the week by going to forums > Photo of the Week Discussion. You'll be able to see the most recent Photos of the Week and you can tell which is newest by date."</p>

</blockquote>

<p>No, I still disagree! . . .</p>

<p>You can indeed see the discussion but, you can not see the image/photo that's being discussed!<br>

Nor, is there any link to the photo.<br>

There is however an active link to the "photo.net Elves" community page.</p>

<p>Yes, I too prefer to spend my time on Photo.net from a real computer however, due to unforseen circumstances, a good amount of my participation here can only be done from a mobile device so, . . . I notice these things!<br>

<br /><br /></p>

<p> </p>