Contax U4r

u4r is cheaper than iphone by far

no iphone has 180 degree sweavel lens for stealth photo

- But nobody takes any notice at all of someone with a phone to their face these days. You can blatantly point a phone at anyone, as long as you talk into it, and nobody will bother.

I've also sat in bars and cafes with a little rear LCD compact camera on a table in front of me and snapped the antics of other customers. The trick is to not look furtive.

A chrome-trimmed swivel lens curiosity is far more likely to draw attention.

Cheaper than an Iphone? Yes, but not cheaper than a sensibly-priced non Apple smartphone. The only U4r I could find listed was billed as 'rare', and the asking price was something like €180.

Edited by rodeo_joe|1

I have 40 cameras, Leica, Contax, Rolleiflex, Rollei 35, Exacta Varex, Exa, Canon, Lumix, Edixa M, Minox II, Minox IIIs, Monox C, Minox B, Minox IIIs, Minox TLX, Minox CLX.......

None of these I dare to shoot people in the face

afraid get blamed for rudeness or afraid get a punch in

the face

Contax UR4 is the only camera I can safely shooting

people in the street without being noticed.

I cannot do this even with spy camera Minox

• 4 months later...
I always carry an old camera with me in case I end up someplace where I might feel threatened. My camera of choice is my 10 year old Nikon D700. Before the D700 I carried a 6D with a 35 f2 or 50 f1.8 for street and rural landscapes. The way I see it, your new equipment is more attractive to someone not knowing about photography so they'll leave the older camera with its bumps and bruises. If you lost it you wouldn't be out to much ca$h.

I like Kyocera 400R because it is a waist level camera

- But so is anything else with a tilt/swivel screen. Like my old Nikon Coolpix 8800, or my relatively new Sony a6000. They don't work so well if you want to take portrait orientation pictures though!

And 4 megapixels? Why not just stick a little 45 degree mirror to any 5 or 6 year old phone?

Oops! But then it wouldn't be mirrorless, would it.