Contax T?

Discussion in 'Minox' started by john_agapito, Oct 12, 2008.

1. More than a bit: people are out of their steam-punk minds. :rolleyes:

That was a good Plan B until recently, but those have been trending upward at an alarming rate as well.

2. This is an old thread.

I had a Contax T years ago, bought for $85 at an antique store and sold for $350 on Ebay a few years later. Great lens. I found a Rollei 35T for $15 at an antique store, very small, sharp lens, fully manual, but scale focus.

This month I picked up a Minolta AL-E, shutter preferred automatic, full manual exposure, auto-parallax corrected framelines, 40/1.8 lens, about the same size as a Canonet QL17 GIII. It was under $40 on Ebay, some cleaning and repair required. I had to solder a broken wire to the negative terminal of the battery chamber. That was "tedious".

Minolta AL-E, removing Top Cover to clean the Viewfinder.

I've had the full-sized Hi-Matic 9 since 1969. Minolta lenses are first-rate, sharper than the 40/1.7 on my Canonet.

https://cameraderie.org/threads/pop...atic-9-also-applies-to-the-7-7s-and-11.50150/

You pay a premium for well-known, small cameras. There are many "great unknowns" that fly below the Ebay Bidder's RADAR.

3. CONTAX  T  W  FLASH.jpg
    Titanium Contax T 35mm pocket camera
    Lens Carl Zeiss Sonnar 2,8/38 T*
    Select F2.8 for automatic exposure
    Aperture 2.8 4 5.6 8 11 16
    Focus stop: 1 1.3 2 4 inifinty m
    Battery compartment 2 SPX76 silver oxide button cell
    Dedicated Contax flash unit attach to right side of camera by screw thread thumb wheel. Flash runs on two AAA batteries

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  4. CONTAX  T  BLACK.jpg
    Black titanium Contax T 35mm camera