Contax RTS III Viewfinder Display Stays ON when the camera is OFF

cuong_trinh

<p>My Contax RTS III speed/f displays (the small blue displays within the viewfinder) stay on when I set the camera in the off position, and keep on, until I remove the batteries.<br /><br />If I operate the controls nothing happens, which is to be expected, and the speed and f displays do not change when I change the corresponding dials. So it seems the camera is actually off except the blue background light stays on forever. <br /><br />Today, when I use the camera outside with the strong light, the camera can be turned off, as perfect. But if I use the camera inside the house, it remains the blue backlight in the viewfinder (because of the weak light).<br /><br />I think the problem is one of the transistors which control the backlight of the display, I found the repair manual of Contax RX. I guess the problem was there. But the name, position of that transistor in RTS III is different.<br /><br />Do you have experienced a similar problem (and have a solution) ? <br /><br />More important, I want to ask if anybody have the repair manual for RTS III ? I will try by myself. May I have the scan version of repair manual?<br /><br />I'm desperate now because my camera is being fault. <br /><br />Thank you very much in advance. <br />Best Regards</p>