CONTAX 139 LENS CANNOT FIT CONTAX S2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really odd since both are C/Y mount. The later S2 was released at a time when Kyocera had made the C/Y lenses in MM designation so they would function in program and shutter priority modes on Contax and Yashica models that had such capability. However, the S2 being manual exposure shouldn't need an MM. And older C/Y still could be used on program models, but with limited capabilities. So, really puzzling why it won't fit.

Will the lens fit but not latch or not even line up with the camera lens mount? How many lenses have you tried? Keep us all informed about your progress. Maybe some other members who own C/Y lenses will post.

Contax 139 mount has larger diameter than S2 mount

Contax 139 Planar 50/1.4 distagon 28/2.8 vario elmar 28-70/3.5 mount diameter =51mm

Contax s2 lens mount diameter =46mm

Apparently, Contax s2 mount is not C/Y mount, it is a different class.

Edited by MTC Photography

It is Contax S2 60 years anniversary edition,

with titanium body

I don't understand why Yashica chose to use different

lens mount then the C/Y mount.making things more complicated. It means that who ever buy Contax S2

must buy another set of lenses, and cannot use contax

C/Y mount lenses

It is Contax S2 60 years anniversary edition,

with titanium body

I don't understand why Yashica chose to use different

lens mount then the C/Y mount.making things more complicated. It means that who ever buy Contax S2

must buy another set of lenses, and cannot use contax

C/Y mount lenses

You must have an odd camera, the 139 has the exact same lens mount as the S2. Can you post a picture of your camera with the lens off, and the lens mount?

By the time I got to the 6th image, I was really sure that wasn’t a Contax S2, or indeed a Contax of any kind.

I think you may have your cameras confused my friend, because this is a Konica, not a Contax, so no matter how hard you try, that lens from your 139 will not fit.

I had a Konica T with 28/2.8, 50/1.7 and 135/3.4-4.5 in the 70s, later sold them to a used camera store, and bought a Contax 139 with Carl Zeiss Planar 50/2 lens.

Recently I dig out a Konica Hexanon 50/1.7 lens in my

basement.

Since Konica T or TC body is quite cheap on ebay

for nostalgic reason, I bought a Konica TC

body .it is in the mail.

Edited by MTC Photography

I don't understand why Yashica chose to use different lens mount then the C/Y mount Martin Tai (OP)

What? I already answered this in quite some detail Martin !

Did you as "Moderator" really *remove my thoughtful corrections, detailed & time-consuming explanations?

If so, I'm appalled by this blatant censorship...

I'm one of the few camera/lens technicians who spend the time to answer questions & participate in this Pnet community. If I spend my valuable bench time to thoughtfully answer/correct something in these forums, then you can only imagine how upset I am by expunging such content. My participation was purly to warn folks not aware, that there was to be serious error left in the Pnet archives.

If not addressed, I may just leave this community & review it accordingly in my upcoming YouTube channel...

* Many other Pnet members also posted thoughtful replies in this thread that are now gone (Pictures & text etc).

Edited by Gus Lazzari
  • Like 5

Did you as "Moderator" really *remove my thoughtful corrections, detailed & time-consuming explanations?

I'm one of the few camera/lens technicians who spend the time to answer questions & participate in this Pnet community. If I spend my valuable bench time to thoughtfully answer/correct something in these forums, then you can only imagine how upset I am by expunging such content. My participation was purly to warn folks not aware, that there was to be serious error left in the Pnet archives.

If not addressed, I may just leave this community & review it accordingly in my upcoming YouTube channel...

* Many other Pnet members also posted thoughtful replies in this thread that are now gone (Pictures & text etc).

This place is REALLY going downhill fast! If your latest post is deleted, I'm going to delete my membership renewal.

• Like 1

Gus,

Count me as one who VERY MUCH appreciates your contribution to this site.

I was about ready to defend actions in this case, though, as the previous thread where you responded was titled to the effect of "Do not buy Contax S2 body without lens."

I went looking for it, though, and it appears as though the entire thread has disappeared. That speaks VERY poorly of this site that-in many ways-is already circling the drain. That's especially the case if Martin was the one who deleted it.

Thank you again for your willingness to contribute. Like every good camera repairman I know of, you seem to stay up to your eyeballs in work so your posting good information means a lot to me. Plus, I know that if I see it from you, I can trust it.

• Like 1

Gus, your expertise and knowledge is very much appreciated. While I don't have the knowledge to make a meaningful contribution to the content of this thread I've followed it with interest, and a certain mystification; there's an element of eccentricity and disorganisation on the part of the OP/Moderator that lends an air of surrealism to the discussion. I think I'd just acknowledge that some things are never going to make much sense, and move on. I've been watching the contributions of this OP for some some time, with eyebrows slightly raised... Edited by rick_drawbridge
  • Like 3

I totally understand your reaction, but I hope you will reconsider. You are a valuable resource to this community, and your absence would be sorely felt.

The OP, on the other hand, is an entirely different matter. This was the first post I've seen from him, and it demonstrated a complete lack of the qualities necessary to qualify as a moderator even before he deleted people's posts.

• Like 3

I want to know if the OP ever removed the lens mount adapter that was clearly on the right lens of the vanished photo of the two lenses and after it revealed the C/Y lens mount, did he attach it to his Contax camera? (long sentence, Mrs. Blanks wouldn't approve)

Looks like several or more replies have been deleted because I'm not the first to notice the silver mount adapter on the lens.

I've been absent from film and photo.net for a few years and came back in June. Seems like this place has fallen apart.

I really appreciate any knowledge that Gus puts on the forum, I'm a technical guy and like technical "stuff" but not a camera repair tech.

In other important news, I have film and Rodinal from freestyle and ultrafine that should be here Friday.