Contact Sheet Software

Discussion in 'Digital Darkroom' started by corey_narsted, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to generate contact sheets similar to what Photoshop can do. The problem with the generator in Photoshop is that it doesn't save and close a full contact sheet before starting another one, and I need to create sheets for about 1000 or so images at a time to create proof albums for wedding clients. If I have Photoshop do the work, then I'll have to deal with almost 200 separate files open in Photoshop at once by the time it's done one folder of images because it won't close a contact sheet before starting another one. Does anyone have any suggestions for a program that will do what I need?
    Thanks

2. Digital contact sheets or printed ones?

Have you tried Lightroom?

3. I haven't tried Lightroom yet. What I need is digital contact sheets in jpeg format that I can send to a printer to be printed and bound as a proof book.

4. Lightroom worked, thanks! It looks like I've finally found a use for Lightroom...

5. I like ACDsee, for contact sheets. Make 'em with a black background.

6. Can't seem to edit an image with this site's setup. Anyway:
    00dDJ8-556025584.JPG

7. Contact sheets (digital) look like the film ones with black background and the black makes the individual images look like little gems (if you're lucky).
    However you can use a lot of black ink doing that if you're actually printing hard copy .....

8. I'm not the one doing the printing, so I'm not at all worried about that.

9. ProofSheet (for Mac OS X). Google 'proofsheet app'.

10. The GIMP has a couple of plug-ins.