CONTACT SHEET IN BRIDGE CS4?...HOW AND WHERE

Hi,

i didtn notice until today..but i dont find my contact sheet option in bridge cs4? it use to be under tools /

photoshop / contact sheet II..now theres a option in the top bridge window call OUTPUT..but only output to web

gallery or pdf page?

I know i can create a contact sheet in PDF, but i dont want to have that option! i want my image to open directly

in CS4, place themself on a page, and print from there..like i do for the past 8 years : )

Theres always a sligth color shift from indesign vs pdf, or pdf vs photoshop (you migth have not notice it) its

small, but for me, a color paranoid who can see difference in ligth buld color and decide to change them at 11pm

just because they dont look alike side by side..its major : )

So my only option up until someone give me a answer is to use the contact sheet in CS4 directly, instead of using

bridge for that.

Dont suggest Lr, as it does the same as creating a PDF (maybe a JPEG too if i remember?) but it take tool long,

dont no why vs CS4.

And i dont want to create another database for them as when i print contact sheet its only for presentation

purpose with a CD when i give the final choice..kind of a color reference for my client.

thanks.

well, its apparently a *knowed problem* if i can say;

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b6c429

i should have done the GOOGLE search before : )

Now why the hell Adobe remove that? i would say that for once i dont follow them ...

Next time dont *remove* a feature, but enhanced the one you have; like creating a image processor a la lightroom 2 export would be nice + keeping the action selection available before you get rid of it : )

Look in the Goodie file on the cs4 disc

ContactSheetII and Picture Package

The ability to create contact sheets and picture packages as a PDF presentation is now available

in Adobe Bridge CS4 Output Module. We highly recommend creating your contact sheets and

picture packages this way.

If you would like to continue using the legacy ContactSheetII and/or

Picture Package plug-ins, please follow these steps:

1. From the Photoshop CS4 install disc, drop the //<language>/Goodies/Optional Plug-

Ins/Automate/ContactSheetII plug-in into the //Adobe Photoshop CS4/Plug-ins/Automate

folder (this is for both Contact Sheet and Picture Package).

2. From the Photoshop CS4 install disc, drop the //<language>/Goodies/Presets/Layouts

folder into the //Adobe Photoshop CS4/Presets folder and restart Photoshop.

Optional: To add this legacy functionality back into Bridge (as a menu item):

3. From the Photoshop CS4 install disc, drop the //<language>/Goodies/Optional plugins/

Bridge Startup Scripts/photoshop_contact_sheet_ii folder and the

photoshop_contact_sheet_ii.jsx file into following locations and then restart Bridge.

8/29/2008 Photoshop Optional plug-ins Read Me 3 of 6

Macintosh: //Library/Application Support/Adobe/Startup Scripts CS4/Adobe Photoshop/

Windows XP: //Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/Startup Scripts CS4/Adobe Photoshop/

Windows Vista:

//Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Adobe/Startup Scripts CS4/Adobe Photoshop/

Contact Sheet II v10.0 by Sarah A. Kong, Foster Brereton, and Charles A. McBrian

Picture Package v10.0 by Sarah A. Kong, Foster Brereton, Russell Williams, and Dave Rau

©1997 – 2007 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.

• 1 month later...

<p>Robert<br>

I give contact sheets to every client. It tells them what the photos on the disk are supposed to look like. I really want the old way of doing contact sheets back so I can control the colors & density & preview all the sheets before making them but your instructions are greek to me. Is there any way to simplify the process?</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I have my CS4 set up to generate a PDF contact sheet in "Output" -- which I then have to save to a file and reopen before I can print it. <br>

I imagine I must be doing something wrong as this i smore cumbersome than PS CS. Any pointers?</p>

• 1 month later...

<p>I know this is an old post but here is a bit more information.<br>

The old plug-in was not installed by default because it's no longer a fully supported feature (it's been deprecated as in superseded by new functionality in Bridge). It is, however, still available on the main disk (or disk image) in the "Goodies" folder. Additional plug-ins are also available as well as scripts you can load into Bridge to still call them from Bridge.<br>

If you dont find the old files you can get them here. <br>

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=39&platform=Windows</p>

<p>1. From the Photoshop CS4 install disc, drop the //<language>/Goodies/Optional Plug- Ins/Automate/ContactSheetII plug-in into the //Adobe Photoshop CS4/Plug-ins/Automate folder (this is for both Contact Sheet and Picture Package). <br /> <br /> 2. From the Photoshop CS4 install disc, drop the //<language>/Goodies/Presets/Layouts folder into the //Adobe Photoshop CS4/Presets folder and restart Photoshop. <br /> <br /> Optional: To add this legacy functionality back into Bridge (as a menu item): <br /> <br /> 3. From the Photoshop CS4 install disc, drop the //<language>/Goodies/Optional plugins/ Bridge Startup Scripts/photoshop_contact_sheet_ii folder and the photoshop_contact_sheet_ii.jsx file into following locations and then restart Bridge. <br /> <br /> Macintosh: //Library/Application Support/Adobe/Startup Scripts CS4/Adobe Photoshop/ <br /> <br /> Windows XP: //Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/Startup Scripts CS4/Adobe Photoshop/ <br /> <br /> Windows Vista: //Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Adobe/Startup Scripts CS4/Adobe Photoshop/</p>

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

<p>Contact Sheet in Adobe CS4<br>

Download this plugin and copy to folder <br />C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\Automate<br>

<a href="https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BxQXc-sxmHTMMzRkNGE0NDMtMjk4Mi00MmYxLTlmNWEtNDU0OTEwNzE0MDA2&hl=en">https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BxQXc-sxmHTMMzRkNGE0NDMtMjk4Mi00MmYxLTlmNWEtNDU0OTEwNzE0MDA2&hl=en</a></p>

• 2 years later...