contact emails on web sites

<p>I'm in the process of rebuilding my web site. I do this as a hobby and have never generated any income off my site. Instead, it is there to share with friends, family, and other fellow photographers. So what about contact info? I used to post my email as name@gmaildotcom rather than name@gmail.com. I just didn't want to bother with getting my email hacked and all the rest that comes with it. Should I continue this practice or just not worry?</p>

Agree with Rob. Your friends and family already know how to reach you. Bots scraping your site already know how to

translate your obfuscated text display of an address ... which makes a form the way to go. Visitors fill in the blanks, and

when they post the form, the server looks at the supplied text and either returns the user to the form to correct obvious

mistakes, or it bundles up the supplied data and emails it to you behind the scenes, returning the visitor to a "Thank you

for your interest" page, indicating you'll get right back to them. Much better than displaying an address, obfuscated or

otherwise.