Constantine Manos photo essay on Magnum

shoebox

Here's a M8 <a href="http://inmotion.magnumphotos.com/essays/color.aspx">photo essay</a> on

Magnum by Constantine Manos.

<p>

I am not sure if all of the images were taken with a M8, but there's a small session about his opinion on

the M8.

<p>

When you click on the Leica M8 link, there're quite a few of photos with magenta color on it (magenta

pants, magenta words... etc). I wonder if they're really magenta in real life =) (don't mean to start another

M8 sucks thread!)

<p>

enjoy!

Calling this an M8 essay is stretching the new word 'Truthiness' to the breaking point. The

pictures are wonderfully seen, but if you take a look at the dates along the bottom of each

photo, you can see that only 2 or 3 of the 61 pictures could possibly have been made with

the M8. The vast majority were taken in the 80's and 90's, and unless Constantine also has

a Leica Time Machine, they could not have been made with anything other than a film

Leica loaded with Velveeta or whatever. This is about the gazillionteenth time I have seen

this referred to as an M8 essay, and sorry to say, that is bunk.

But the photos are really nicel. Just don't sit at your computer screen getting the M8 urge

from looking at this work.