Constantine Manos M8 pix

kevin m.

<i>Maybe it's just me, but it looks like a paid advertisement?</i><p>Yes, there is

something a bit weird about it. I guess it's meant to be some kind of viral marketing thing

(though it's not like Leica need to boost demand for the M8 at present).

The "American Color" series is great. I saw a link to it at another site yesterday, and really enjoyed it.

Manos' M8 photos are fine, but that narrative's a bit awkward -- not terribly well scripted/edited, I'm afraid.

While there's room for improvement in the text, Manos' short M8 presentation tends to reinforce what I thought and hoped would be the case: that in the hands of an excellent photographer, the M8 is capable of making excellent photos.

M8 is not the right machine for me at this moment, but I'm a believer in more quality choices for photographers, not fewer choices. So I am, for similar reasons, hopeful that the Pentax dslr about to be introduced (K10 ?) will also be shown to be a capable camera. And while I'm in a magnanimous mood, let me take this opportunity to send best wishes to Olympus and Sony, too.

Who'd I leave out ?

Coming soon: Alex Majoli's M8 shots ? :-)

Michael, I'm waiting for the Pentax, too. Looks promising, especially since Pentax is the only

DSLR maker to offer a wide-angle PRIME lens for a small sensor. I hope their 3-axis anti-

shake is as good as the specs promise, too.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?

O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=441869&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

i think the color photos look strange to people because noone has ever seen this kind of

color photograph. he states in the video he was experimenting with high iso color shot at a

1000th (hence the "grain). like super high iso bnw shots. im impressed and look forward to

being able to shoot like this. also inversely with the 8000th shutter speed to be able to shoot

say my noctilux wide open in bright daylight. can't wait...b

<p>

If you want to see high-grain color have a look at Harry Gruyaert, another Magnum

photographer <a href="http://www.magnumad.com/detected.php?

page=&pass="><u>here</u>.</a>

<p>

It'll take a few seconds for the page to load. Under photographers, click on Harry Gruyaert.

Click on Portfolio and you'll be able to see his "Rivages" series. They're

beautiful grainy seascape/horizon photographs. I must say that I like Guryaert's color a lot

better than Manos' over-saturated photographs. For saturated colork, I like Akex Webb a

lot better than Manos.

<p>

--Mitch/Bangkok