Considering selling M6 + 35mm Summicron - advice

spohn

<p>Tragic though it may be, I'm considering selling my M6, 35mm Summicron and case. Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can find whatever the equivilent of a "blue book" value is, and where I might be likely to get a good price? My wife lost her wedding ring, and with #3 on the way, this might be the only game in town. Thanks in advance!<br>

Al</p>

Classifieds here or on rangefinderforum: you'll get a fair price and it will have a good home and you'll likely find a safer

buyer. You can always get it again. Nice quote from Casablanca, Paul. Hope you're wrong.

<p>Congratulations to your family! Just my 2cents: We did 3 boys and all the sports & colleges etc. I could not afford much gear until they were gone. Most of the earlier gear invested in was top quality and I still have it and it works fine at nearly 40+ years. My Leica & lens was/is a "once-ina-lifetime" acquisition for me and will even be passed on to my sons; like my grandfather's Leica 3G etc. that was given to me, many moons earlier! The value of your Leica & lens may be different for you and who knows what the future brings? </p>

<p>Leicas are good cameras and people get attached to them as they get attached to good scissors, for example. Leicas are also things: specifically, they are commodities. That is to say, I agree with Stuart's rational approach.</p>

<p>Congrats on #3..... I may have too many cameras, but if I had to sell one, my M6 would be close to last on the list... most everything digital would go first. Those things aren't built to last, but the M6 will be around for #3 college graduation (though film might not be)</p>

<p>Leica says, "the price of a camera should equal about 3 months salary." ;-)<br /><br />Any chance you can replace her ring with one made from Femo clay? It would certainly be more personal. Also, she would be the only one of her girlfriends to have such an awesome ring.</p>

<p>Jim, now that's a thought given that I am an experienced Femo clay practitioner. But that would probably involve also investing in a Kevlar vest - not an inexpensive proposition in its own right :-).</p>