Conon pixma pro 9000 Mark II with LTRM

<p>I got a new printer the canon pixma pro 9000 mark II it set up very nicely and run's nicely,<br>

but when I try to print with it thru Lightroom 4.2 . It gives me more trouble than I want.<br>

If I use the printer by itself everything is fine, but when I try to print thru lightroom to get a print<br>

[Two things] happen, color shift to magenta and it will not size properly. see attached photo print. not a screen shot<br>

any of you folks here running the same combination or set up:</p>

<p>Bruce Rubenstein<br>

Is that printing thru the canon printer or thru Lightroom 4.2: yes I d/l that plug in but it just does not cooperate when I use lightroom 4.2: Now I can get great print straight thru canon [My Printer] file color everything is very good.<br>

I have never had this problem ever with the Epson printer I have been using < I dislike problem's like this <br>

when I can not understand the darn thing:</p>

<p>And the last but not least neither Canon or Lightroom folks would not admit there is a communication problem between them:</p>

<p>That printer works fine with LR, without the plugin. You should turn off color control at the printer end (color matching=none in the printer dialog), then give color management control to LR at the bottom of the right hand panel of the print module by selecting the appropriate paper profile. Select the correct paper medium in the printer dialog. There are other fine points, but these are the key things. I have printed from LR 4.2 to that printer on lots of different papers and have never had a magenta color cast. On an earlier Canon printer, I got a reddish cast when I inadvertently left the printer controlling color in addition to the software.</p>

<p>Assuming the paper is positioned properly, the centering is controlled in the print module. Check the borders, etc.I don't have LR on this computer, but I believe you can also simply drag the image inside the template.</p>

<p>The plugins are irrelevant unless you call them up from within LR. The one for tethering is obviously not relevant. Easy-Photo print is irrelevant also. I don't even have it installed on my computer, and my prints are just fine. This is distracting you from the real problem, which is almost certainly a color management issue. </p>

<p>Check out<a href="http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1245516"> this thread</a>. He has a few things wrong, including telling people that they need the plugin, which I explain in the thread, but it is nonetheless a good step-by-step guide to setting up your color management. Once you have color management set up correctly and are using the correct profile and medium for your paper, you should be in the ballpark. You still may need to fine-tune, but you should not be getting results like the one you show.</p>

<p>Lauren, that "tether" plugin is for camera capture and has nothing to do with printing. The one directly above in the list is the printer plugin.</p>

<p>Don't be too hasty to get rid of that Canon printer because of a few teething troubles. After 4 printer generations of being faithful to Epson I finally found it too hard on my wallet to keep feeding the Epson its overpriced ink and having to go through 6 or more cleaning cycles every time the cartridge was changed. Goodbye and good riddance Epson - Hello Canon. I have the Pixma 9000 pro (MkI) and couldn't be happier, but then I don't use LightRoom.</p>

<p>One other thing. What paper are you using? There can be an amazing difference in colour balance and rendering when swapping from one type of paper to another, and some papers just don't work at all well with Canon inks.</p>