connecting a flash & a pocket wizard to my 50d?

geraint_hughes

<p>im totally confused now! i want to put my canon 550ex onto my 50d via the hotshoe, and also connect one of my pocket wizards to my 50d as im going to be doing a shoot which is going to involve on carmera flash and sometimes of camera flash so to save me changing all the time i can just turn the pocket wizard on & off as i feel. But also how do i get the 55oEX flash on my camera to flash as well as the off camera flashes ALL WITH POCKET WIZRDS. Ive tried putting the 55o ex on my hotshoe ( on carmera) and connecting the pocket wizard to the pc synch on the side of my 50d, but when i do only the off camera flash's go off, but not the one on my 50d, so how do i get them all to go off?</p>

<p>What you did should work. The only thing I can think of is to check the in camera flash control menu to see if there is something that tells the camera not to fire the on camera flash? Otherwise, don't know, because I do this all the time with my Canons--5D and 40D. Also be sure you aren't mixing up the Canon wireless system with trying to use Pocket Wizards--like putting the on camera flash in Master mode or something.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>"But also how do i get the 55oEX flash on my camera to flash as well as the off camera flashes ALL WITH POCKET WIZRDS."</p>

</blockquote>

<ul>

<li>Adapter here: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/89977-REG/Hama_HA_6950_Universal_Flash_Adapter.html#features It basically disconnects the camera's hot shoe signal from the hot shoe on the adapter. </li>

</ul>

<ul>

<li>Plug the cable from your camera's PC socket to the PW's socket marked 'Camera/Flash'. </li>

</ul>

<ul>

<li>Cable to the top PC socket on the adapter from the socket on your PW marked 'Flash'. </li>

</ul>

<ul>

<li>On the side of your PW, set the 'Transmit Mode' switch to 'Both'. </li>

</ul>

<p>The PW will fire whatever is in the hotshoe adapter via the cable, and any remote flashes will be fired via the PW's radio signal (provided another PW is correctly connected to the remote flash). Voila - "...ALL WITH POCKET WIZRDS".</p>