Congrats on the new look!

charedan

I like the new look very much! ....can I just say that I was not expecting the Amazon adds planted within the critiques of my images!?

If I paid to be a member of this site.. do I have to be pounded in the face with an add for camera equipment that I have no desire to own?

It kinda cheapened the site up a little bit for me. Have no problem with the far right adds, but full page Amazon? Is the site that hurting for $$?

just curious.

Two things to keep in mind:

1. Photo.net needs money to run. It's just a fact of life. Nothing is free.

2. Nothing runs completely smoothly the first time out. Things need to be adjusted, tweaked, fixed. Including ads. Give us a day or two and things will be running smoothly again. Believe it or not, people are working hard on the site.

I like the new look. Congrats, good work! And as for the adds, i use firefox 2.0 so there aren't any :)

Just a little thing to work on: the comments left by others in my portfolio aren't so very well lined out on the leftside of the page.

The new look is cleaner and I have no adds on my screen. I like it.

The PN window is however smaller than my screen leaving a band on each side which limits even further the number of photos shown without scrolling. Can I correct it or is it a question of the new configuration ? If it is the latter, I would suggest to correct it during the fine-tuning.

Well, I have had PN and Zenfolio running for awhile now. The new look is in my opinion inferior and the ads (yes, its spelled "ads" people) are not placed or sized well at all. I am a paid member and one of the reasons I paid was to get rid of the advertising.

I will NOT renew my subscription if those Amazon ads stay! A paying customer shouldn't have to have that kind of in your face advertisement in between comments on his photo. I really don't mind the advertising in the general parts of the site, but in my own little space on PN I can do without, thank you very much!

New look of photo.net! It really looks more organized. I don't have any problem with ads too as I am using Firefox (Marga dD has already mentioned about that). :)

But new design and colours give the feeling of old netscape; not at all modern and attractive.

Black or glowing white might be a good choice as general background colour. There should be an option to change the layout and colours of the personal page of paid member (I'm fine with general background being free member). :)

Best wishes.