Complete Nikon System

robert_hooper1

<p>I have "The Complete Nikon System, An Illustrated Equipment Guide", by Peter Braczko, copyright 2000. I was wondering if there was a later edition of a similar book, with more up-to-date information? The Complete Nikon System is a great reference book, but in your opinion, is there anything better?</p>

<p>I suppose the questino would be, "better for what?" Meaning, since 2000, the amount of information available on line - and it's up-to-date-edness - has completely changed the product line briefing landscape. Nikon's own web site covers the bases pretty well, actually. Is there a particular aspect of the product line that you'd like to see from a higher altitude, as it were?</p>

<p>I've found many errors and omissions in Braczko's book, too numerous to mention. The publisher omitted Index pages S-Z in my copy, purchased 'new' from a reputable seller. I find the book to be a nice pictorial history but <em>very</em> short on pertinent data.</p>

<p>Another book worth consideration may be the latest edition of <em>Nikon Compendium: Nikon Systems from 1917</em> (Stafford, Hillebrand & Hauschild, Hove Books, March 2011). I've never perused this book but would be interested in hearing what others say about it. Anyone?</p>

<p>I keep PDF versions of information and manuals on my iPhone for reference, and update them periodically as needed. I even print web pages to PDF. I must have 50 on my phone for various items, from a complete set of Ryobi 18v tools, to my sewing machine, to my camera equipment. I love the electronic age.</p>

<p>Matt<br /> I just happen to like camera books like The Complete Nikon System, even though I know a lot of information can be researched from hundreds of sites on the Internet. Believe me, I do a lot of that, too, but it can be tedious. Books are still handy, in my opinion.</p>

<p>What I would like to see for Nikon is a book like Erwin Puts latest 600 page, Leica Compendium, which, by the way, Lilly, is not perfect either, and has dozens of typos. :-/</p>

<p>I'll check out the Nikon Compendium, Eric. Thanks everyone.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I completely agree with Lilly... there are some false trites and incorrect information in this and other "compendium" type books. I found them by my own experience. It was like finding the truth about Santa.<br /> Anyway, I understand this books are a must for Nikonistas. I`d be great to have something like Puts on Nikon... looks like Nikon is not interested. The closest thing I have found is the "Thousand and one nights... "</p>