Compatible Nikon Flash for Nikon Z6ii Mirrorless

andyincolorado

I recently purchased a Nikon Z6ii mirror less camera. I am keeping my Nikon D750 DSLR as a backup. The D750 was used occasionally with a Nikon SB700 speedlight external flash. While the flash DOES work with the Z6ii, the Z6ii controls do NOT 'recognize' the SB700 so any changes to the flash (i.e. output, etc.) must be done at the flash end. Can anyone recommend a Nikon speedlight that is fully compatible with the Z6ii that the Z6ii can fully control? I only use the flash when I am shooting indoors at events like art shows and receptions. I am primarily an outdoor landscape photographer.

I recently purchased a Nikon Z6ii mirror less camera. I am keeping my Nikon D750 DSLR as a backup. The D750 was used occasionally with a Nikon SB700 speedlight external flash. While the flash DOES work with the Z6ii, the Z6ii controls do NOT 'recognize' the SB700 so any changes to the flash (i.e. output, etc.) must be done at the flash end. Can anyone recommend a Nikon speedlight that is fully compatible with the Z6ii that the Z6ii can fully control? I only use the flash when I am shooting indoors at events like art shows and receptions. I am primarily an outdoor landscape photographer.

I recently bought the small SB500 for it's LED feature that other Nikon flashes lack. It works on my Z7ii, though I have not tested it extensively to see how well it coordinates with the camera. It's supposed to work with Z6/7 based on reviews.