Compatibility of older RZ67 and RZ67 Pro, 120 film backs with RZ67 Pro II body?

r_scott_steube

First I�d like to thank all your kind responses to my first RZ67

question, and because of your advice, I�ll soon (B&H is shipping as

we speak) be the proud owner of a new RZ67 Pro II, 110mm f/2.8 W,

150mm f/3.5 W and 65mm f/4.0 W system. But now its time to �save�

some $$s on used film backs. So what are the compatibility and/or

compromises of using the older RZ67 and RZ67 Pro, 120 film backs

with RZ67 Pro II body? Thanks Again in Advance!

Scott

old back for RZ in RZII

jose luis samayoa - 10:21pm Apr 16, 2002 EST

please help... Can somebody tell me if the roll film for RZ is compatible with the RZII, and the polaroid back model 3 is compatible with RZII? Thanks for your interest, best regards, JOSE LUIS SAMAYOA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Danny Cirillo - 08:15am Apr 17, 2002 EST (1.)

Mamiya America Corporation

jose: The backs are interchangeable as long as you do not mix the new inserts with the original outer doors or vice-versa.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jose luis samayoa - 08:33pm Apr 18, 2002 EST (1.1)

Thank you very much........... do you know if the old AE prism for rz is compatible with the RZ proII, and if it is not full compatible can I use it like a prism without exposimeter and dont harm elictric contacts or other parts........????????? best regards jose luis samayoa jose luis samayoa

Danny Cirillo - 08:46am Apr 19, 2002 EST (2.)

Mamiya America Corporation

jose: The original prism will fit the Pro II, but not meter correctly. However, the combination is not harmful to prism or camera. If you wish, our Service dept. is able to modify the original prisms for $119.

jose luis samayoa - 10:47pm Apr 19, 2002 EST (2.1)

thank's best regards jose luis samayoa

Scott,

I also recently purchased an RZ Pro II. In an effort to economize a bit I have added a used second generation Mamiya Polaroid back, a Pro series 6x4.5 back (for sports team portraits), and a Pro series metered prism finder which was modified by Mamiya to work with the Pro II. So far all these pieces have worked together perfectly.

Enjoy,