Compare my 2 cameras

abhishek gupta1

<p>I have a 350d and recent i took a 500d but somehow I feel images from 500d is a bit dull.<br /> I figured out 3 reasons for this issue<br /> 1) the 18-55 IS lens - is it because of IS that I never used before.<br /> 2) is 350d actually better than 500d (i have no clue) <br /> 3) may be I am wrong on my thoughts and because 500d is new and I have not take as many images as compared with 350d so first i need to take as many pictures as I have taken with 350D and then see if there is a difference or this is just a illusion. <br /> <br /> or do I use my old lens i.e 18-55 without IS with the new 500D and things will be fine.<br /> <br /> And please do not find it funny looking at 500d and 350d as many of my questions have been ignored in other website when I say I am a photographer and I use a 350d or a 500d with a 18-55 lens.<br /> I recently shot the cover page of Sports Illustrated (worlds most popular sports magazine) with the same stupid stuff.<br /> <br /> Many Thanks.</p>

<p>For best results shooting magazine covers you should use a scanner instead :)</p>

<p>Joke aside, try shooting two identical scenes with the same lens, and then compare the results. I had the same issue first time I used a 40D coming from Digital Rebel 300D. Also check the settings, white balance, color vibrancy, that sort of stuff.</p>

<p>Use the same lens on both cameras. Shoot the same subject and shoot from a tripod. Also, make sure the resolution is the same on both; Large Jpeg or preferrably RAW. Use same ISO, picture settings, White balance, exposure settings, etc. Make everything identical on both cameras and then compare the results. </p>

<p>Also, I'm just curious, which SI cover did you shoot? Month/Year</p>

<blockquote>

<p>shooting Sports Illustrated with a Rebel and the kit lens!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Thats what I thought too Brett. Maybe he meant he shot a photo of the magazine while it was sitting on his coffee table. I'm pretty sure SI wouldn't shoot a cover photo with a Rebel and a kit lens.</p>

<p>My guess is that it's mostly post processing.</p>

<p>I have a 400D and a 50D and it took a while before my 50D shots looked as good or better than my 400D.</p>

<p>As the 50D and the 500D both have 15MP sensors my guess is that your problems resemble mine.</p>

<p>Example: on my 400D I prefer "faithful" picture style with sharpness 5 and saturation +2 while on my 50D I switch between "landscape" and "standard" with sharpness 4 and saturation +2 or +1.</p>

<p>Recently I also found myself using slightly less noise reduction than the default when I post process my 50D pics.</p>

<p>Thanks for some great ansvvers!<br>

VVake up guys! the first thing I vvas taught in my class that its not the camera but the person behind the camers..... and I m not here to shoot coverpage from a magazine during my coffee or try and scan or vvhatever any vvays I do not feel to ansvver such comments but vvhy I am vvriting is only because I vvant all of us to enjoy photography vvith vvhatever equipment vve have.<br>

I also agree that good camera and a good lens is very important but it does not mean that vve should keep sleeping if vve are not rich enough to buy expensive lenses....market is open every one try their luck.<br>

Guys check out vvorlds one of the best fashion photographer from Italy and see her vvork and vvhat equipment she use. www.romina-shama.com</p>

<p>Hope to hear from you again, plz vvrite if u agree or do not agree to my statements.... I am soon starting classes/lectures on photography....kidding.</p>

<p>I think we all agree that its the person behind the lens and not the equipment, but when you ask questions that tell us you're a beginner (which is fine, everyone has to start somewhere) and then tell us you shot the SI cover, we naturally have to wonder if you're effing with us. Also, how did you manage to get w's here, </p>

<blockquote>

<p><a href="http://www.romina-shama.com">www.romina-shama.com</a></p>

</blockquote>

<p>but nowhere else in the post.</p>