Commercial Processor for B&W ?

I use Dwayne's Photo ( A trusted name in photo processing for over 50 years - Dwayne's Photo ) for my E6, C41, and B&W developing (until I can set up a B&W darkroom sometime next year). They're cheaper than the lab Ben listed, but the quality is excellent. I'm sure there are still a lot of great labs out there.

Fair enough-Fulltone does good work but the main reason I use them is that they are local. I can drop off E-6 in the morning and usually pick it up that afternoon, although sometimes it's the next day.

Their mail order prices aren't what I pay in-store. They charge $4.50 for C-41 process only regardless of format and $10.50 for E-6(35mm-36 mounted or 120 develop only).

Hmm... Oh, that's different

then. I'll catch the next

flight to Louisville...

http://bayouline.com/o2.gif

Let me know and I'll grab you and take you to Chuck's.

It's a great old-time camera store the likes of which just doesn't exist anymore. If Chuck likes you, you get free reign to go digging.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/marketplace/2016/04/01/antique-cameras-see-chuck-rubin/82439944/

BTW, what does Dwayne's charge these days?

A year and a half ago or so, I sent two rolls of 120 Velvia through Wal-Mart. They came back at no charge. I couldn't quite figure out it-it had been several years since I'd sent any that way, but it use to be $5 or $6. The folks at the counter thought they must have sent them back because they "couldn't develop them" but sure enough they were processed and cut in strips of 3 as requested.

I do normally have my 120 uncut. At the time I was fine with 3 for 6x6 as I had a decent stash of four-row Print-File pages. Now that I'm shooting 6x7, I usually use extra-wide pages that let me put 3 6x7s in a row, although I do 2 strips of 3 and two of two. I use the vertical 3-row pages for 645(5 frames) and 6x6(4 frames).

BTW, what does Dwayne's charge these days?

Dwayne's charges:

B&W develop only - $5 per roll.

B&W proof sheet - $4 per roll.

C41 develop only - $5 per roll.

C41 develop and 36 4x6 prints - $9.00 roll

E6 (slide) develop and mount - $8.95 roll.

Postage is $5 for first roll and $.50 each additional roll.

They offer more services, like scanning/photo CD's, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Dwayne's charges:

I usually get my C41 color negatives (no prints or scans) back very quickly from Dwaye's (650 km), but it's the need to bundle to save on postage that slows things down.

I haven't used them for B&W (I do my own), but their work is clean (not always the case with developer services) and well done.

I've used Dwayne's for black & white developing and prints, and have been happy with the results.

The FAQ on their web site states: "We print on Ilford paper and use a developer manufactured by Fuji that is similar to Kodak’s Duraflow RT developer for B&W film."