Comments or ads!

Seems that some people provide comments as an introduction to view their own

work. I have even seen some that have a link in the comments to their own

portfolio.

We all want people to look at our stuff, its nice but how do people feel about

comments as a way of getting people to visit.

Just a discussion, no real opinions eitherway.

I think in life that what you put out is what you get back in return.If someone leaves a comment on one of my photos, I want to know the level of photography that person is at. It makes me click on their portfolio which tells me something about their photography. I even click and see what they rated highly and what they think is good photography. I think this gives you information on what the person is like who left you a comment. It places it in context. If I see a photo or portfolio that I like I leave a comment in return, If I do not, I don't. I am not pandering for comments, but I do respect the process, of peer review.

I think that what he is saying is that when someone posts a new thread with the subject 'Check out my work and let me know what you think' is it just an cheap shot to get more views or is it a legitimate post. I *might* follow something like that, but only if there were a specific request for help identifying some problem that I thought I could help with.

- Randy

Marko it is kindo of like networking. I will probably because you left this interesting question look at your portfolio and hopefully find something interesting there. I also don't just follow the people that leave comments but also the people that leave high ratings on my picture and look at their work. All part of doing PN. If they are taking the time to look and rate my work I will look at their work. I will not, however, rate or comment if something does not strike me as good or worthy of a comment or rate. I did have someone ask me to look at a picture and I absolutely loved it. I enjoyed that he asked me to look at it and told him so. If someone asked me to look as an advertisement I would blow it off. There you go... You can see them a mile away. Now to go look at your portfolio, :) ~ micki

Phil brings up a good point here - one that is often overlooked. If someone can view the work of a reviewer they can get a better feel for the style or techniques that that person is influenced by, not to mention get a feel for the level of experience that person has, which gives much more substance to their reviews than one might otherwise get.

- Randy