comments on senior pictures

christalana

Hi Christalana, The first shot is my favorite. I wouldn't crop it vertically, however, as it

would end up very tight and the character of the arms etc would be cropped out.

Horizontal cropping is perfectly acceptable. Most senior shots are vertical, but in my

senior photography business, the kids quite often like horizontal shots to give to their

friends. Yearbook shots are always vertical in my area.<div>007L8l-16566284.jpg.e6627f7d0c52d5abacd82cd94230d09b.jpg</div>

Personally I like the second one, it kind of shows the subject in deep thought. Though this kind of picture really wouldn't be good for a senior portrait, it will make a great addition to your portfolio. Next time try to get all the body parts in, its no biggie, but a lot of people complain when you cut something off. I'm not one of them though.

For the B&W, it looks very sharp and nice in general, but if you used B&W film I suggest using a dark yellow filter next time, as she looks extremely pale and with little accentuation to her lips and hair. Or maybe a yellow-orange filter might do the trick.

Very nice shots though.

-Dan

With regards to the second one, I really dislike that the foot is cut off by the frame. My rule of thumb (at least for standing portraits) is that if I am including the knee, include all of the foot. I have not done enough sitting portraits to really have a policy on that yet, but I certainly think that the whole foot should have made it in the frame.