Color way off in new camera

russell_t

<p>Hi All,<br>

I've shot Canon for years, and just recently bought a 7D Mark I (used) and it works great, but when I was using it as a second camera last night at basketball, the colors are MUCH more yellow than my 7D Mark II. I had both set to RAW, and full manual. The 7D1 had a 24-70 f/2.8 and the 7D II had a 70-200 f/2.8 lens on it, and both were set to Manual settings and Fluorescent WB.</p>

<p>I imported the pictures, and even when I reset the WB in Lightroom to Fluorescent for them all, the 7D1 is MUCH more yellow than the 7D2. Is this something that can be adjusted?</p>

<p>Thanks,<br>

Russell</p>

<p>Well that wouldn't be a new camera, but gym lights have always been the bane of shooting HS (and some college) and below sports... Without knowing (specifically) what kind of lights (and bulbs) were present in this particular gym, we couldn't specify. ...but...I doubt the anti-flicker feature is relevant to this problem, since that is primarily designed to pick shots during peak output of AC lights, though it might affect average color as well (depending on the light/bulb), I would simply expect that the mk1 would get shots of varying brightness (though depending on the light, that may affect color as well as I said)... The continuous yellow cast though simply seems like a different camera's reaction.</p>

<p>What I would do is, instead of picking a 'preset' WB in LR, is manually slide the slider until you find a pleasant combination, and apply that to all the images...</p>

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of things.

1. I use an xrite color passport to calibrate each camera I have. It sets up a custom profile that you can automatically

apply in Lightroom. This will ensure you get the same results between make / model cameras, even corrects for the

differences in sensors between different same model cameras

2. If you are going to shoot in that same gym, shoot a gray card, then you can do a blanket correction across all the pics

you take in there