Color Munki Not Recognized

<p>I have been using the color mukni on my macpro running snow leopard for about 2 years. Suddenly one day it was no longer recognized by the calibration software. The device is recognized in the usb device list, and is also recognized in x-rite's panel in the systems preferences, although it says it is not calibrated. x-rite spent an hour on the phone going over possible problems with the computer/connection.. I reinstalled latest drivers and software, installed mountain lion tried different usb ports. Everything seems in to indicate the the mac is recognizing the device.<br>

The unit was sent back to x-rite and was found to be fully functional, on a macpro, mackbook, and pc running windows 7. They even sent me the usb cable that they used to test the device.<br /><br />Neither x-rite or myself can figure out what is wrong. Any ideas would be helpful</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Do you not have another machine you can test it on? <br>

How about a clean install of the OS onto an external, then the Munki software, then boot from that. Does it it work?</p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

• 2 weeks later...
<p>I can try it on my macbook pro. It appers to work fine on the variety of systems the x-rite had tested it on. So I assume it is my system and not the device. I wil try to load the OS on an ext drive. I could also see if it works on windows 7 running on paralles on my mac. Thanks for your suggestions</p>

• 7 months later...