close focus setup for Retina IIa

mark_hahn

<p>have gotten no repsonses at the Rangefinderforum... maybe someone here can help:</p>

<p>Which supplimental rangefinder and close up lenses will work on my Retina IIa? How do I know they are the correct set?</p>

<p>thanks!</p>

<p>does anyone have experience with this setup? How good are the results?</p>

<p>Have you tried the Google?</p>

<p>From Stephen Gandy's Cameraquest article on the Retina IIa (http://www.cameraquest.com/retIIa.htm):</p>

<p>"Close-Up Rangefinder, auxiliary RF in the accessory shoe, for use with NI and NII close up lenses, for a range between 18" to 11 1/2" from the film plane. Since there are at least 4 different Retina Close-up Rangefinders, make sure you have the one marked 2/50. The N series of close-up lenses are identified by the number of rings on them, 1 = NRI, 2 = NRII, 3 = NRIII. Originally all 3 were manufactured, then the NRIII was discontinued as the NRI+NRII offered essentially the same degree of correction. The NRIII is not designed to be used with the IIa close-up rangefinder, so it is not missing when you eventually locate the IIa close-up set."</p>

<p>yes, I've seen that, but most I've seen for sale do not have the "2/50" mark that I have seen. Where is it? How did Kodak reference the 4 different models? A guy on ebay read the box for his "Type B" and it wasn't for a IIa. Am I looking for a "Type A" or "Type C" perhaps?</p>

<p>thanks.</p>