client private gallery??

geraint_hughes

<p>Hi all, im close now to my first wedding shoot, and im trying to get organised, which is the best way and who to use for a private client gallery, with thier own password or whatever, i really need to get this sorted...please help as you have in the past....<br>

many thx to you all</p>

<p>Geraint,</p>

<p>Most (perhaps all) of the good photo sharing sites on the Internet now allow you to create both password-protected galleries, and galleries that, while not password-protected, are "hidden" because there are no other links to them, so it's necessary to know the url exactly. I can do this with my zenfolio pro account, used to do it with my pro account at smugmug.com, and I am aware of many other services that provide the same capability.</p>

<p>I quit SmugMug and moved to Zenfolio because I found Zenfolio much easier to organize photos and customize galleries. I am sure this is to a large degree a matter of personal taste, and you should certainly try any service out before you buy. If you do like zenfolio, you can get a small discount by using my email address [wp at william-porter dot net] at sign-up as a referral; I get a small referral credit. </p>

<p>*</p>

<p>Which approach should you use—password-protected, or simply hidden by an unguessable url?</p>

<p>What I would suggest is that, if possible, you ask the client (that is, bride and groom). I always send the url for the gallery to them only. Explain that the hidden (non-password protected) is easier for them and their friends and relatives to access, and that it will be up to them to distribute the url to the people they want to have access. Password protection is useful if there is someone that they really want to keep out of the gallery.</p>

<p>If asking seems awkward, I'd suggest going with hidden rather than password-protected. That's what I've done and it's never been a problem.</p>

<p>Will</p>

<p>You can do this easily and free if you already have a website (or if you are going to get one, get one now and do this). Like someone said above, simply don't link to the gallery. Build a gallery then give them the exact web address. I've done this myself for a lot of events- out studio doesn't offer viewing online, but we've made a few exceptions with events (and of course my own wedding) and done it this way. Worked out great with minimal effort.</p>

<p>If you have your own website, use Lightroom to create a gallery. They are really easy to create and manage. My web host is Host papa. You do need some knowledge on how to set it up but once it is, it is soo easy to upload.</p>

<p>Instaproofs.<br>

I spent over a month comparing and contrasting different online gallery solutions, and in the end the one that works best for what i want, for what I need is ....Instaproofs<br>

What works best for you may be different, but whatever you choose DO NOT rush into the decision. In other words "do your homework" :-) </p>