Classic Chrome and the XE1

Sanford

<p>Classic Chrome looks okay in the David Hobby photos from a couple of months ago, but I haven't looked around to see the results others are getting.</p>

<p>I'd like to see a Reala emulation. Or a firmware tweak to desaturate the reds, at least in the Provia and Astia emulations. They can leave the hypersaturated reds in the Velvia, I suppose. But I'm having to selectively desaturate the red channel in most JPEGs that include any significant reds, even when the in-camera JPEGs were already set to minimum saturation. That's the only significant weakness I see in the X-A1 JPEGs.</p>

<p>It would be interesting to compare the in-camera Classic Chrome results with the Kodachrome emulation setting in the copy of Silkypix provided with Fuji cameras. That "K" mode from raw isn't bad, although it's not as convenient as the excellent Fuji in-cameras JPEGs.</p>

<p>DxO Filmpack has a pretty good Kodachrome emulation, although results vary depending on how the raw file is tweaked (WB, etc.) before shuffling over to DxO FP for finishing. But it retains the characteristic blues and greens, without the hypersaturated reds that I generally found unpleasant with Velvia.</p>

• 1 year later...