not been satisfied with the big chain guys who did this in the

past). Typically this includes ~16 pics per page with a name(s),

phone number, printed out on a little better than your typically

magazine paper. I would make money from the sale of photo's to the

membership along with the directory.

First where can I get the directory printed out, what type of

formatting will I need to do for it, software needed etc? Second

outside of using www.printroom.com does anybody have another online

biz printing source they could direct me to?

Thanks,

Gerry

www.candid2000.com

www.asuka.com

i think asuka has a soft magazine style book that might be more appropriate for that. also, they're very reasonable. they have templates that you use in photoshop and a file checker software that you download. anyone you go to will probably give discounts on multiple books like you are doing.

brenda

Gerry, just a thought for you. Out at my office, we have a digital B&W copier that is now two or three years old, wired into the office network, where we can print to it from the office computers. The quality on that thing is high enough that you can print easily recognizable photos. They won't be glossy and slick looking, but you could probably match a typical yellow-pages look. Anyway, if you can do a directory like that, you'll have somewhat lower quality, but still perfectly usable, at a cost of about 3-4 cents per page, instead of $5-$20 a book. I know at our church, that cost is the main reason we don't keep up-to-date photo directories around. Run that idea past them. If you don't have access to a good copier like that (it prints fast, too, by the way), check out what your local Kinko's can do.

• 6 months later...

There is a great company that will do this kind of service for you, free of charge that is based in Michigan. The company is small enough to care about you, but big enough to do the job right and has been in business OVER 60 YEARS!!! However, if you choose to do it on your own, software you should use is Adobe InDesign.

<a href="http://www.cathedraldirectories.com" >Cathedral Directories - Free Pictorial Church Directories Free Church Phone Directories Directory Neighborhood Membership Directories Pictures Homeowners Association Directory Free</a>