Choosing The Right Lens

Discussion in 'Choosing The Right Lens' started by G-P, Jul 12, 2018.

1. G-P

G-P Administrator Staff Member

How to Choose the Right Lens for Your Camera
    Once you’ve chosen the camera of your dreams, how do you know which lens will maximize your camera’s capabilities? Join camera expert John Greengo as he explains what the best lenses are to add to your camera bag. He’ll explain:

Which lens is best for specific areas of photography
    The technology behind lenses
    How to use specialty lenses including macro and fisheye
    Tips on operating and maintaining your lenses

John will also talk about lens accessories including hoods, mounts, filters, and teleconverters. By the end of this class, you’ll understand exactly what lens you’ll need to take your best photos!

2. G-P

Being released on Monday - a new subscriber benefit. Please stay tuned.

3. Excellent course; he really knows his lenses. Where can I get the PDF he mentions?
    Regarding this comment, why can i only enter capitals? caps lock is off.

4. Oh, I see only upper case, but when posted it is in lower case. Site bug?

5. paul ron

paul ron NYC

Will each of these topics be open for discussion with member's feed back or is this a one way tutorial?

luis triguez likes this.
  6. Photo.net Admin...Could you please tell us your name?

I'm going to keep asking this each time I come across your avatar in a posting.

luis triguez likes this.
  7. paul ron

paul ron NYC

monday monday.... its come n gone. well?

ben_hutcherson likes this.
  8. G-P

Tim - its Glenn

fototakernandalucia likes this.
  9. G-P

10. paul ron

paul ron NYC

Interesting. Thanks for the preview.

Will this only be viewable by subscribers, invisable to the general population?

luis triguez likes this.
  11. G-P

Yes - subscribing members only. More classes to come.

12. I have viewed the tutorial and found it to be well produced and presented. I may have been able to get more from it several years ago before I moved away from interchangeable lens cameras, I look forward to the series moving into the future...................GC.

13. I have seen the instructional exercise and observed it to be very much created and introduced. I may have possessed the capacity to get more from it quite a long while prior before I moved far from compatible focal point cameras, I anticipate the arrangement moving into what's to come

14. I have a D90 and a D7100 this is strictly hobby I do MOSTLY horse shows and photos for friends. MY ISSUE is LENS> FOR HORSE SHOWS. I can't make anyone understand the 70 to 300 does NOT work for what I do except on rare occasion's I need that much zoom. I have 2 70 to 200 and a 70 to 300. I HAD a Sigma 18- 250 1:3.5-6.3 but it wont focus . I sent it into sigma to fix. They sent it back claiming ti was fixed it is NOT. It will focus a few times than other times it goes nuts and you hear the motor winding but it cant focus . ALSO it isnt FAST enough for ranch riding or barrel racing. I AM NOT RICH so cant afford 2500 r 3000 lens. Id like to get something that will fit both camera's but is close enough for when I am on the rail. I have tried to do my own research, it seems to me a F 2.8 is what I need but I also want the options of the old broken lens if possible 18 to ?????? Are something close to that. I HAVE TO HAVE VB as I have estinal tremor. ANY HELP will be greatly appriecated.in LAYMANS TERMS Please :) THANK YOU! could you please send a reply to my email to make sure I see it. AGAIN THANKS BD coming in JUNE hoping to HINT what I want LOL.