Choice of digital projector

<p >I need assistance in choosing a digital projector. Like anyone, I would like a good price and great equipment. There a way too many choices out there and I would appreciate somebody's comments on selecting a good projector. I would like something that would work well in a lighted room with the room size being that of a large college classroom or a medium size church sanctuary. I would guess that the screen would be positioned about 20 to 30 feet from the projector. That also raises the other idea of portable screens? Any experience to be shared out there?

</p>

<p>I don't know the quality and differences of all the brands, but I think it's safe to say that the higher resolution and ANSI lumens, the better for large spaces. Especially if you must place the projector behind the audience. Models with optical zoom capability are desirable. Check specs for size/weight dimensions for mobility, because they do vary quite a bit. Replacement bulb prices can vary greatly too, and should be considered when making a brand/model choice.</p>

<p>It is really going to depend on what resolution you need from the projector. When I was building my house, I did a lot of research on projectors and screens for the theater room. I can tell you what I went with, but it is probably not what you need since my priority was viewing Bluray movies. I can, however, make some general recommendations. <br>

--If the room is going to be very bright, then you need more lumens. Even the best projectors have trouble overcoming a lot of ambient light with a large distance between projector and screen.<br>

--The type of screen is important if you don't have the lumens or you have too much ambient light. You can sometimes overcome one (possibly both) of those issues with a high-gain screen, but you will lose viewing angle as you increase the gain. <br>

--As B Christopher said, make sure of the projector to screen distance. Some projectors have a very small zoom range, some have a very generous range. <br>

--Most projectors can be set on a table or shelf, some can be hung from the ceiling (inverted). Some can be placed in front of the screen or behind a transparent screen. Make sure the projector you're looking at will project in the position you want (reversed or upside down) depending on how you have the projector positioned or mounted. <br>

Hope this helps.</p>