CHINON CX SOLIGOR 35 2.8 TANK THRIFTED

Thanks all.

I will give it a go with some... 400 speed? or 200?

Problem is, if i use flash indoors, the flash unit does not have vari out.

So, if using 400 , then a white cloth over the flash head will take me to = 200, rouphly half out, but then i would be able to shoot 5 to 7 feet at f16-11.

Could also double the recomended shutter speed to help squelch the power and leave out covering the flash i guess.

I would like to photo my cats from about 5 to 7 feet.

Using iso 100 the flash says use f8-11 at that distance.

Well , anyway, i will post results and try to find days with even but bright light,

for any shots taken outdoors.

Thanks again for the

comments and the humour.

(Flash is the sunpak auto 170.)

Does the S17 have automatic cell. In that case you can use it as you say (covering it with a white handkerchief) and opening two stops (mind not covering the flash cell) this helps to covering the part of the wide angle that with normal use it wouldn't.

I say two and no one stop, due to the optimistic manufacturer's explanations they use to write in their manuals.

Obviously, with this technique the best thing is to use 400 ASA film and deceiving the flash, setting it at 100 ASA. If your cat is easy as a model and doesn't move around too much, you can put the flash on a tripod and with a long cable: your mobility around improves a lot, letting you to be more creative and free to go moving around.

Another manner is doing it with out use the automatic settings. In that case I believe the second option (tripod and long cable) is most convenient. Opening two stops too.

This is for negative film, for diapos better open only one stop.<div>00Pfmz-46475584.jpg.276c8590f9d95e025aa24857803b576f.jpg</div>

Thanks Luis.

Thats' a terrific shot of the cat, btw!

I would like to use a bounce method but l have 9 foot ceilings so that would be near useless.

I will increase the shutter speed to compensate if l use 400 iso.

That might be more convenient than the cloth over the flash method.

That Chinon is one HEAVY SOLID thing!

• 2 weeks later...