Cherry blossoms in the Quad at the U of Wash.

<p>The University of Washington in Seattle has a very attractive campus. There is a central area known as the Quad which is a rectangular area with numerous cherry trees. Most Springs there is a limited window when the blossoms are in bloom and the sun is shining, and the wind hasn't scattered all the blossoms. I caught it pretty right a month ago when I ventured out with a Nikon F100, with a 24-120mm zoom and Fuji Superia ISO 200. Processed and scanned at Costco. Here are some scenes.</p><div>00Yj7Y-358413584.JPG.fdf0cf0fe663688fd75762eada32f3ba.JPG</div>

<p>Some people take it seriously. BTW, Fred, If you drive onto the campus, there is usually a toll booth at every entrance. You have to leave a $15 dollar deposit. If you are just on campus for about 2 hours, you will get $12 back. If you just zip through and park on campus, you WILL be ticketed, as I can attest.</p><div>00YjEu-358511584.JPG.bd27d94ced9f7a00ed4f8c13fc336b36.JPG</div>

<p>I've parked on the UW campus dozens of times and I've never paid, and never been ticketed. I think if you come on a weekday you need to pay, but I always come on a weekend, and never have had a problem.</p>

<p>Mike, what day were you there? We are having such a terrible cold and wet Spring here in Seattle, I missed the window this year.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Mike, what day were you there? We are having such a terrible cold and wet Spring here in Seattle, I missed the window this year.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>It was about a month ago, and because film does not have EXIF info, I can't remember the exact date, but it was on a week day, not the weekend.<br>

I was on the faculty of UW for a short period, but that did not protect me from parking violations.<br>

My wife and I both have degrees from UW, hers from the 60s, mine from 1981, but it was my 4th degree. It is a beautiful campus, and I do "Bow down to Washington".</p>