Cheap wide paper?

<p>So, my Canon iPF8100 should arrive sometime next week. While I’ll mainly be using it for photography (with

some graphic design and art reproduction thrown in for good measure), I’ll also want to use it for

“cheap” things, such as banners that are used once and (literally) torn down after the event. The print

quality of the 8100 will be overkill, but the size is just perfect.</p>

<p>So…can anybody recommend a super-cheap “throwaway” paper that comes in 44″

(or thereabouts) rolls that I can feed through the printer? Of course, I’m the kind who always obsesses over

quality, but quality really doesn’t matter for this particular application. Even newsprint would probably do the

job.</p>

<p>And, yes, I do my own profiling, so I wouldn’t even use a manufacturer-supplied profile if one were available.</p>

<p>Thanks,</p>

<p>b&</p>

<p>You can get 3rd party 24lb bond papers in 44" and 36" from office supply stores. Beware that you shouldn't use these to proof - papers that are not inkjet photo papers have such poor ink absorption characteristics that your color will be way off and the print will be too dark, and it will be impossible to do a good calibration, so you're better off doing test prints on smaller pieces of the same paper you'll do final prints on.</p>

<p>Kory, thanks for the links; the Proofing Matte may do the trick for me.</p>

<p>Andrew, I wasn’t aware that I could get bond paper in roll form; if I can find something

locally, that may be an even better bet for me — thanks! Since this won’t be for

photographic purposes and since I’ll be building my own profiles, I don’t think

I’ll mind the limitations.</p>

<p>Of course, photo paper at bond paper prices would be ideal. A guy can dream, can’t he?

</p>

<p>Cheers,</p>

<p>b&</p>