Cheap charger for the D70s

bebu_lamar

<p>Got myself a D70s body for $30. The grip covering material is very sticky but I managed clean it up with alcohol. The camera so far seems to work just fine but I didn't get the charger with the camera although the battery is fully charged and seems doing fine. Where can I get a cheap charger for the camera. I don't want to pay too much as I didn't pay much for the camera.<br>

Also what kind of setting should I do to get the pop up flash never to pop up on itself.</p>

<p>B&H has a Watson charger that takes different adapters for different batteries, fairly inexpensive. It includes a USB port too. You can then get adapters for any other camera batteries you use, and have a backup or use a single charger if you travel.</p>

<p>I don't know about the D70, but on the current ones like the D3200, the flash never pops up by itself in P,S,A and M modes, or in Sports and Scenery modes. </p>

<p>Adorama has a house brand charger for the EN-EL3e battery for $9.95. It will charge the D70s EN-EL3 battery, too.</p>

<p>The flash has a spring mechanism and a small catch arm that either holds the flash in the closed position or lets it pop up when the arm is retracted. If that little arm is worn or has a chip out of it on its end, that may be releasing the flash at times other than when the camera wants to release it. If this happens to be your situation, I'm afraid there's nothing to do but live with it - if Nikon could repair it, the cost wouldn't be justifiable for a $30 camera.</p>

<p>But Mr. Currie is correct - the flash will be popped up if the camera decides a flash is needed when using Auto mode, but the flash won't pop up or fire in P, S, A, or M modes unless you press the button to release the flash first.</p>

<p>Thanks everyone! Can't wait to order a charger from the net so I bought a universal one from Best Buy and it's $29.99 (Ouch, but it's OK). No the camera isn't defective the flash only pop up automatically when it's in the green A mode. I only use the camera in M and A so it doesn't matter. It works quite well and I like it. I am surprised that the ISO range is only from 200 to 1600. I am not surprised the 1600 max as it's pretty noisy at that speed but the minimum ISO at 200 I guess is kinda high. Oh well it doesn't hurt as I don't need the low speed. Although I don't need it but it can sync with the flash at 1/500 which is a good thing. It has 2 wheels (this is important to me as I hate the single wheel DSLR) and can AF lenses without built in motor which is good. Having fun using AI lenses on it. Totally manual so it's kind of refreshing. The focusing screen works well enough for manual focusing. </p>

<blockquote>

<p>Although I don't need it but it can sync with the flash at 1/500 which is a good thing.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>You can actually sync with the flash at any shutter speed thanks to the electronic shutter of the D70 - provided you are not using a dedicated Nikon system flash (or tape over all but the central contact).</p>