Cheap and Simple Slideshow producer.

I need to make a last minute slide show for a family event. I own and have used a more sophisticated program but the effort and learning curve is pretty steep and I forget how to use it in between slide show efforts.

Can someone recommend a cheap and simple slideshow editing program to make a fast and easy slideshow with music and transitions.

I am using a mac but have a dual boot system and could load up windows but now that I think about it the Apple software will probably have a slick and easy slide show producer.

I have used Adobe Premier Pro in the past, it's great but way too much work for the simple things I want to produce.

I have Movie Maker that came free when I upgraded to WIndows 10. I just tried it and made a quick movie with fades, zooms, titles, credits and music. You also can add narration. Pretty simple. Normally I use Adobe Premiere Elements but it has a higher learning curve. I might switch to Movie Maker next time. :)

Clarification. IT's a movie and you can use stills and videos clips, either or or both. Then when you create a movie with it in 1080, you can burn a dvd or copy to a memory card and play it on your TV or just save the file to play in your computer. It could be uploaded to Youtube or your FLickr page as a video too.

Use the Photo app (comes with the Mac). Create an album of the pictures you want. Select the album and then choose "Play Slideshow" from the File menu.

You can also "create" a slideshow for playing later using the "Create >" submenu of the File menu.

Edited by michael_levy|3

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response. You can use ProShow by Photodex for Windows/PC. It does a nice job and you can add music. It will create files that you can email but can't be used on an iPhone if that is what you are shooting for. Windows has image viewing options including Windows Photo Viewer you get to by right clicking the image that will cycle through a slide show. If you have a smart tv I believe that you can cycle through a thumb drive or DVD/cd with images files.

For iPhone iPad and Mac you can tap the images you want and the box with the up arrow will give you the option of playing a slide show. Again sorry for being late in response. If you have children who are older than three you might ask them, honestly. I hope you have found a good solution. Good hunting.

Edited by 2Oceans

• 2 weeks later...
Can someone recommend a cheap and simple slideshow editing program to make a fast and easy slideshow with music and transitions.

Faststone Image Viewer also provides a very easy way to do it. It's free - though it's probably nice to give a donation because this is an excellent software. It's not as fancy as Photodex Proshow Gold or Producer of course.

Edited by Mary Doo

I have used Powerpoint back to its beginning. It was a good combination of power and ease of use, but in the pre-license era it was not cheap.

In retirement, I don't do so much "slide show" stuff, but since you are on Mac, you ought to give Apple's Slideshow a try.